Marie Louise Hartman (born March 11, 1959) known professionally as Nina Hartley, is an American pornographic actress and film director, non pornographic actress, feminism activist, sex educator and nurse. In the 1980s she was the first pornographic actress to appear in television and advocate for the right to exist of the pornographic film industry.
Marie Louise Hartman was born in Berkeley, California, U.S.A. on March 11, 1959 to a Lutheran father and a Jewish mother. She had an older sister and two older brothers. She grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area.
In 1977 Hartman enrolled the San Francisco State University's undergraduate nursing school and from the second year of study she stripped at the Mitchell Brothers O'Farrell Theater.  In 1984 Hartman graduated from the San Francisco State University's undergraduate nursing school. In the same year she obtained the nurse licensure but she never practiced the profession because she wasn't psychologically ready for the patient deaths. She declared the nurse education was useful for her pornographic acting career because the Western sexuality is harmful to bodies and they should be treated with nursing care-inspired sex.
Non pornographic acting
In 1997 Hartman acted in the American non pornographic drama film "Boogie Nights" in which she played the serially unfaithful wife of William H. Macy.
- Baby Doll Lesbian Orgies (2004)
- Barnyard Babes (2005) (V)
- Belladonna: Fetish Fanatic (2005)
- Bomb Ass White Booty 2 (2005)
- Diary of a MILF 9 (2008)
- Guide to Porn Stars Sex Secrets (2006)
- Nina, Shayla and Kylie's Barcelona Home Video (1997)
- Who's Nailin' Paylin?
Nina on the cover of the movie Sweatin' to the Oldies
- AVN Hall of Fame
- XRCO Hall of Fame
- Urban X Hall of Fame
- 2009: AVN Award – Best Non-Sex Performance – Not Bewitched XXX
- 2005: AVN Award – Best Specialty Release, Spanking – Nina Hartley's Guide to Spanking
- 2005: AVN Award – Best Specialty Release, BDSM – Nina Hartley's Private Sessions 13
- 1991: AVN Award – Best Supporting Actress, Video – The Last X-Rated Movie
- 1989: AVN Award – Best Supporting Actress, Film – Portrait of a Affair
- 1987: AVN Award – Best Actress, Video – Debbie Duz Dishes
Fan club address
Nina Hartley Fan Club 1442-A Walnut #242 Berkeley, CA 94709 u.S.A.
- "About Nina!", nina.com, 2006. http://www.nina.com/ninahartleybio.php
- The Young Turks, "Legendary pornstar Nina Hartley" video, TYT Network, January 2013. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7zdMt40NzI
- Christina Doxstader, "Interview with Nina Hartley", AIPdaily, 2008. http://aipdaily.com/interview-with-nina-hartley/
- "Ask Nina Hartley Anything: Sex, Politics and Sexual Politics. Plus Porn!" subreddit, Reddit, Reddit Inc., August 27 2015. https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/3inn2o/ask_nina_hartley_anything_sex_politics_and_sexual
- Sheldon Ranz, "Interview: Nina Hartley", Shmate: A journal of progressive jewish thought, Shmate, Spring 1989.
- "Educating Nina Harley", Juliet Anderson, Fuck Cuts Productions / Domain Girls, 1984.
- "Boogie Nights", Paul Thomas Anderson, New Line Cinema / Lawrence Gordon Productions / Ghoulardi Film Company, 1997.
- Order Nina Hartley movies on DVD